Resume of Jonathan Willard Decker
Email Address: Lokno1 (at) gmail.com
Phone: Please inquire by email
Home Page: lokno.rabbitfury.com
Graphics Programming, Graphics Hardware, Computational Efficiency and Optimization, Graphic Design, Machine Learning.
- May 2008
- M.S. in Computer Science, University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
- May 2006
- B.S. magna cum laude in Computer Science, University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
- January 2008 - May 2009 (ITT Contractor); May 2009 - Present (Government Employee)
- Computer Scientist in Virtual Environments and Visualization (VEV) at the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
- August 2007 - December 2007
- Teaching Assistant for CMSC 341 : Data Structures
- Operating Systems:
- Windows, Mac OS X, Linux (Ubuntu), Unix (Darwin)
- Programming Languages:
- Graphics Hardware Languages:
- CUDA, OpenCL, HLSL, GLSL
- Visual Studio, Xcode, Eclipse
- Graphical APIs:
- DirectX11, DirectX9, OpenGL, Unity
- Photoshop, Blender, Microsoft Office, VirtualBox
- Revision Clients:
- Subversion, Perforce, TortoiseSVN
- Web Tools for Rapid Experimental Visualization Prototyping.
- Jonathan W. Decker and Mark A. Livingston. Proceedings of Visualization and Data Analysis Conference, February 2013.
- Evaluating multivariate visualizations on time-varying data.
- Mark A. Livingston and Jonathan W. Decker. Proceedings of Visualization and Data Analysis Conference, February 2013.
- Performance Tradeoff Considerations in a Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) Implementation of a Low-Detectable Aircraft Sensor System.
- C. Scannell, J. Decker, J. Collins, W. Smith2013, 51st AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition.
- Poster: Building a Large Tiled-Display Cluster.
- Jonathan W. Decker and Mark A. Livingston. Proceedings of IEEE Symposium on Large-Scale Data Analysis and Visualization, October 2012.
- Evaluation of Multivariate Visualization on a Multivariate Task.
- Mark A. Livingston, Jonathan W. Decker, and Zhuming Ai.IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics 18(12):2114-2121.
- Evaluation of Multi-variate Visualizations: A Case Study of Refinements and User Experience.
- Mark A. Livingston and Jonathan W. Decker.SPIE Visualization and Data Analysis, Burlingame, CA, 23-25 January 2012.
- Performance Measurements for the Microsoft Kinect Skeleton.
- Mark A. Livingston, Jay Sebastian, Zhuming Ai, and Jonathan W. Decker.IEEE Virtual Reality 2012.
- Evaluation of Trend Localization with Multi-Variate Visualization.
- Mark A. Livingston and Jonathan W. Decker. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics 17(12):2053-2062, November/December 2011.
- Visualization Techniques for Monitoring of Uncertain Computer Networks: a Preliminary Design Review.
- Jonathan W. Decker, Mark A. Livingston, Stephen Russell, and Paul Hyden. IEEE Visualization 2011 “Working with Uncertainty” Workshop.
- Use Cases for Visualizing Uncertain Computer Networks.
- Jonathan Decker, Mark A. Livingston, Stephen Russell, and Paul Hyden.IEEE VisWeek Workshop "Working with Uncertainty," Providence, RI, October 2011.
- An Evaluation of Methods for Encoding Multiple, 2D Spatial Data.
- Mark A. Livingston, Jonathan Decker, and Zhuming Ai. SPIE Visualization and Data Analysis, San Francisco, CA, 23-27 January 2011.
- A Randomized Framework for Discovery of Heterogeneous Mixtures.
- Mark A. Livingston, Aditya M. Palepu, Jonathan Decker, and Mikel Dermer.SPIE Visualization and Data Analysis, San Francisco, CA 23-27 January 2011.
- High-fidelity Real-Time Antiship Cruise Missile Modeling on the GPU.
- Christopher Scannell, Jonathan Decker and Joseph Collins.International Conference on Parallel Computing, Ghent, Belgium, August 30th to September 2nd 2011.
- Poster: An Interactive, Visual Composite Tuner for Multi-layer Spatial Data Sets.
- Jonathan W. Decker and Mark A. Livingston. IEEE Visualization Poster Session, Salt Lake City, UT, 24-29 October 2010.
- A User Study Towards Understanding Stereo Perception in Head-Worn Augmented Reality Displays.
- Mark A. Livingston, Zhuming Ai, and Jonathan Decker.Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality, 19-22 October 2009, Orlando, FL.
- Application of Multivariate Visualization Techniques to Multi-spectral Imagery.
- Mark A. Livingston and Jonathan W. Decker.Institute for Defense and Government Advancement 8th Annual Image Fusion Summit: Multi-sensor and Intelligence Fusion, Washington, DC, 16--18 November 2009.
- Poster: A Scalable Architecture for Visual Data Exploration.
- Jonathan Decker, Alex Godwin, Mark A. Livingston, and Denise Royle. Proceedings of VAST 2009, Atlantic City, NJ, 11-17 October 2008.
- Leveraging Graphics Hardware to Accelerate Dynamic Programming.
- John Kloetzli, Brian Strege and Jonathan Decker. In Proceedings of EGPGV 2008: the 8th Eurographics Symposium on Parallel Graphics and Visualization, Crete, Greece, April 14-15, 2008.
- System of Bound Particles for Interactive Flow Visualization.
- Jonathan Decker. M.S. Thesis, University of Maryland at Baltimore County, December 2007.
- Designed a level for LBP GOTY Edition:
- I was commissioned by SCEE to produce a level for the PlayStation 3 game LittleBigPlanet, which appears in the Game of the Year edition of the game along with a 30 second introductory video of myself.
- Interactive Exhibit Visualization:
- I worked one-on-one with artist Katherine Marmor to create artistic visualization of activity in a surveillance-technology inspired exhibit, Bird Watching. Presented as a tech demo at SIGGRAPH 2008.